Author Topic: Upcoming S&W Shoot  (Read 14252 times)

Offline SteveC

• Jr. Rifleman
Upcoming S&W Shoot
« on: June 04, 2012, 10:22:25 AM »
I remember in years past for various demos we had nice PDF style documents almost looking like flyers or poster with information about the shoot.  Do we have these for the S&W shoot on the 23rd/24th?  Reason I ask is there are a handful of people I know (non-members) who have been asking for details and I've been pointing them to the "Calendar of Events" section of the site for more information. 

Offline BillMcK

• Board of Directors
  • CRGC Official
  • Jr. Rifleman
Re: Upcoming S&W Shoot
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 11:00:03 AM »
I will send the webmaster a pdf file to post later tonight.

Seventh Annual SMITH & WESSON SHOOTING DAYS - Will take place Saturday June 23, 9AM to 4PM & Sunday June 24, 10AM to 3PM.
This event is hosted by Chester Rod & Gun Club, Inc. and Al’s Gun and Reel Shop, Inc. of Derry NH

The Public is welcome. The event will be held rain or shine.

The event includes Demonstrations, Firearms Exhibition and Display.
This is an opportunity to try a firearm before buying it.
A Smith & Wesson representative will be present to answer any questions you may have.

All Rifles and pistols will be fired on the CRNG Rifle Range under supervision of a range officer.
The popular .22 caliber rifle Fun Shooting will be available for young and old alike.

New factory ammunition must be purchased on site and used on this two-day shoot.
(No reloads or factory ammunition bought off site will be allowed.)

FREE DOOR PRIZE RAFFLES
Win a 1-year Chester Rod & Gun Club Membership or a Club Membership Renewal for 2013.
There will be many other free raffle items donated by Smith & Wesson and Al’s Gun and Reel Shop.

Raffle Tickets are available to win a S&W 22-A Pistol or a S&W Body Guard .380 Pistol.

This is an important event for the Club.
Not only does it provide an opportunity for members and guests to try out S&W firearms.
It also acts as an open house to showcase the Club and our facilities to the public.

Please contact me at the phone # or e-mail address listed below if you have any questions.

Bill McKenna 1-603-421-4204            E-mail: indoor-pistol-chairman@chesterrodandgunclub.com
NRA RSO, IDPA RO, NRA Rifle & Pistol Instructor, NRA Recruiter, CRGC Head Range Officer for Indoor Pistol Range & Special Events, Orientation Committee Chairman

Offline Rich

• Administrator
  • Marksman
  • NRA Certified Instructor & RSO
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 09:03:33 AM »

Offline SteveC

• Jr. Rifleman
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 10:01:16 AM »
Thanks a lot gents!  That's exactly what I remember from past shoots.  I'm hoping for a strong turnout with palatable weather.

Last year I shot the S&W 500, M&P 15 and the M&P 45.  This year I'm really looking forward to handling and shooting the new M&P Shield 9mm.

Bill - I'd love to be able to help in some capacity this year, however we'll have a 1-2 week old by then and I'll be lucky enough to steal an hour to shoot.  Maybe next demo I will be in a better spot to lend a hand.

Offline BillMcK

• Board of Directors
  • CRGC Official
  • Jr. Rifleman
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 11:09:01 AM »
Let me explain how this family friendly event works for those that have never attended one.

All participants, members and non-members, are allowed to test fire the firearms placed on display by the manufacturer.   
This year will be the 7th time Smith &Wesson has come to the club - In September it will be the 2nd time for Ruger. 
Browning and Springfield Arms have also come in previous years.

All participants (advisable for spectators also) MUST wear eye and ear protection. 
Eye and ear protection will be available at the display area or you may bring your own.

Participants must sign the CRNG and manufacturer waivers located on the display tables. 
Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the CRNG and manufacturer waivers. 
Each participant must surrender a valid driver’s license or government picture ID card to the manufacturer’s representative in order to test fire one of the firearms on display. 
The license or ID card will be returned when the firearm is returned to the display table.

All ammunition MUST be purchased at the event. 
The ammunition is usually sold 10 rounds at a time or sometime less than 10 for larger calibers. 
Therefore, you can try firearms of different calibers and not have to buy full boxes of ammo.
There will be a station with .22 rifles using balloons as targets (for all ages).

Only an event Range Safety Officer (RSO) will be allowed to carry a firearm between the display tables and the shooting stations. 
The RSO will briefly explain how the firearm functions and will observe the shooter and the firearm and not the target. 
The RSO will verify that the firearm is unloaded and safe when the shooter has finished.  Our highest priority is safety.

The area will also include tables for CRNG membership information as well as food and raffle ticket sales.
Bring the family for a visit and have something to eat and test fire a gun or two. 
Be sure to sign up for the free raffles and purchase raffle tickets to win a new gun.
Orders will be taken for firearms at this event. 
All purchases are to be completed at Al’s Gun and Reel Shop, Inc. in Derry NH. 
A Smith & Wesson representative will be present to answer any questions you may have. 

Have a safe and fun time. 
NRA RSO, IDPA RO, NRA Rifle & Pistol Instructor, NRA Recruiter, CRGC Head Range Officer for Indoor Pistol Range & Special Events, Orientation Committee Chairman

Offline BillMcK

• Board of Directors
  • CRGC Official
  • Jr. Rifleman
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 09:51:22 PM »
The shoot was a success. 
We had great weather which brought out over 250 shooters for the two days.
I will have a detailed report soon but for now here are the raffle winners.

Free Membership or Membership renewal Door Prize Raffle – Diego Catano

Gun Raffle winners will be contacted by Al’s Gun & Reel Shop.

1st Drawing - S&W Body Guard .380 Pistol - Jim Cronin
2nd Drawing – S&W Model 22A Pistol - Robert Langevin

There was a surprise third drawing for an item to be donated by S&W.
I still have not found out what this item is. I will post it when I know.

3rd Drawing – Surprise – Jonathan Salgveiro

Thank you for everyone that purchased raffle tickets.
Special thanks go out to those that helped make this event a success.

Bill McKenna – Special Events Chairman

Offline BillMcK

• Board of Directors
  • CRGC Official
  • Jr. Rifleman
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 10:21:20 PM »
Oops!  I forgot one of the raffles.

S&W Bar Stool was won by Dale Stewart.

Offline Jsalgueiro

• Shooter
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 04:56:36 PM »
I am the winner of the surprise 3rd drawing. Though I have not received a call to pick up my prize. Any information regarding this would be great. Thank you.

Offline BIll T

• Administrator
  • Sharp Shooter
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 11:41:51 PM »
 =)) SURPRISE!!!! :rofl:

That was the prize.....YOU WON......
If I get killed by my own gun, it was because I was beat to death with it when I ran out of bullets.
If you think there are rules of war...you have already lost

Offline Rich

• Administrator
  • Marksman
  • NRA Certified Instructor & RSO
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 08:14:24 AM »
I suggest that you contact Bill:

Bill McKenna 1-603-421-4204
E-mail: indoor-pistol-chairman@chesterrodandgunclub.com

Offline BillMcK

• Board of Directors
  • CRGC Official
  • Jr. Rifleman
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 08:51:27 AM »
Jonathan

Al's Gun & Reel was supposed to have contacted you.
You sould be able to go to the shop and get it.
The phone number is 603-432-2708.
They are not open on Monday & Tuesday.

I will try to contact him this week for you.
You can e-mail me direct at:
indoor-pistol-chairman@chesterrodandgunclub.com

Bill McKenna

Offline Jsalgueiro

• Shooter
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 03:48:52 PM »
LOL @ BIll

Thanks and I sent you an e-mail with my cell #.

Offline Jsalgueiro

• Shooter
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 01:38:18 PM »
Kind of delayed here, but I haven't pushed the issue since I received my "surprise prize" which was a range bag. At the event the surprise prize was a gun according to the staff there and S&W I'm only concerened becuase I've been told that Al has been known to lie and someone else told me he wouldn't be surprised if I was suppose to receive a gun and he replaced it with the range bag.

Offline BillMcK

• Board of Directors
  • CRGC Official
  • Jr. Rifleman
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 04:45:59 PM »
Jonathan,

As advertised, the raffle tickets for purchase displayed two guns as raffle prises.
Those two guns were awarded to and received by the people named in previous posts.
There wasn't even going to be a third raffle drawing until the second day of the shoot.
That was when the S&W representative stated he would provide another item for the raffle.
There was never another gun promised for the third prise.
He never said what the prise was going to be and that was why it was just called a "surprise".
You received the range bag that he donated for the raffle.
I don't understand why you waited 16 months to question this.
The surprise was a range bag.....there was never a third gun.

Bill McKenna

pin
anything